Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.65 meters/second, 1600.8 km/hour, 994.7 miles/hour or 864.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 09.7"||994.51 mi||West||0° 11' 24.1"||13.06 mi||South||994.39 mi|
|24 hours||12° 35' 46.9"||864.79 mi||East||4° 22' 13.3"||300.36 mi||South||910.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baucau||Thu 12:46 AM||162 km||101 miles||87 nm||S|
|Dili||Thu 12:46 AM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||SW|
|Same||Thu 12:46 AM||249 km||155 miles||134 nm||SSW|
|Suai||Thu 12:46 AM||300 km||187 miles||162 nm||SSW|
|Ambon||Thu 12:46 AM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||NNE|
|Kupang||Wed 11:46 PM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||SW|
|Kendari||Wed 11:46 PM||573 km||356 miles||310 nm||NW|
|Ende||Wed 11:46 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||WSW|
|Darwin||Thu 1:16 AM||753 km||468 miles||407 nm||SE|
|Makassar||Wed 11:46 PM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.