Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 09:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, March 28, 2013 at 09:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.31 meters/second, 1585.1 km/hour, 985.0 miles/hour or 855.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.1"||16.42 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||south||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 08.8"||984.83 mi||west||0° 10' 38.7"||12.19 mi||south||984.62 mi|
|24 hours||13° 01' 10.7"||886.18 mi||east||3° 57' 30.4"||272.12 mi||south||921.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Thu 1:28 AM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||S|
|Papeete||Wed 11:28 PM||2277 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 4:28 AM||2842 km||1766 miles||1534 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:28 PM||3332 km||2070 miles||1799 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 11:28 PM||3423 km||2127 miles||1848 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Wed 10:28 PM||4415 km||2744 miles||2384 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Thu 11:28 PM||4579 km||2845 miles||2472 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 11:28 PM||4650 km||2889 miles||2511 nm||NW|
|Mexico City||Thu 3:28 AM||4704 km||2923 miles||2540 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Thu 10:28 PM||4991 km||3101 miles||2695 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.