Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, March 29, 2013 at 6:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, March 29, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.16 meters/second, 1548.6 km/hour, 962.2 miles/hour or 836.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 09.3"||961.98 mi||West||0° 08' 06.2"||9.29 mi||South||961.70 mi|
|24 hours||13° 46' 42.9"||918.19 mi||East||2° 45' 03.5"||189.17 mi||South||931.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Sat 1:40 AM||781 km||486 miles||422 nm||NW|
|Malang||Sat 1:40 AM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||NNE|
|Surakarta||Sat 1:40 AM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||N|
|Denpasar||Sat 2:40 AM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Sat 1:40 AM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||NNE|
|Semarang||Sat 1:40 AM||949 km||590 miles||513 nm||N|
|Singaraja||Sat 2:40 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||NNE|
|Mataram||Sat 2:40 AM||976 km||607 miles||527 nm||NE|
|Bandung||Sat 1:40 AM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||NNW|
|Jakarta||Sat 1:40 AM||1122 km||697 miles||606 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.