Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, March 31, 2013 at 1:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, March 31, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.61 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 24.7"||938.34 mi||West||0° 02' 57.3"||3.39 mi||South||938.20 mi|
|24 hours||14° 16' 03.5"||929.28 mi||East||0° 33' 18.0"||38.18 mi||South||928.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 3:56 AM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 3:56 AM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sun 2:56 AM||1750 km||1088 miles||945 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 3:56 AM||2075 km||1289 miles||1120 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 2:56 AM||2243 km||1393 miles||1211 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 2:56 AM||2293 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Mon 3:56 AM||2426 km||1507 miles||1310 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Sun 5:56 AM||2455 km||1525 miles||1326 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Mon 1:56 AM||2984 km||1854 miles||1611 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 1:56 AM||3213 km||1997 miles||1735 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.