Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 1, 2013 at 2:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 73%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 1, 2013 at 02:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.34 meters/second, 1506.0 km/hour, 935.8 miles/hour or 813.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||South||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 17.7"||935.49 mi||West||0° 01' 12.7"||1.39 mi||South||935.43 mi|
|24 hours||14° 14' 08.7"||924.51 mi||East||0° 08' 45.3"||10.04 mi||North||925.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maun||Mon 4:44 AM||114 km||71 miles||62 nm||E|
|Ghanzi||Mon 4:44 AM||186 km||116 miles||101 nm||SSW|
|Rundu *||Mon 4:44 AM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||NW|
|Serowe||Mon 4:44 AM||516 km||321 miles||279 nm||ESE|
|Mongu||Mon 4:44 AM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||N|
|Francistown||Mon 4:44 AM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||ESE|
|Molepolole||Mon 4:44 AM||573 km||356 miles||310 nm||SE|
|Windhoek *||Mon 4:44 AM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||WSW|
|Gaborone||Mon 4:44 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||SE|
|Tsabong||Mon 4:44 AM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.