Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, April 1, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 1, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.13 meters/second, 1505.3 km/hour, 935.3 miles/hour or 812.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.59 mi||west||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||north||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 23.1"||935.10 mi||west||0° 00' 25.1"||0.48 mi||north||935.12 mi|
|24 hours||14° 07' 51.9"||917.24 mi||east||0° 47' 05.2"||53.99 mi||north||921.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 4:34 AM||324 km||202 miles||175 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:34 AM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 6:34 AM||1952 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Mon 3:34 AM||2260 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 4:34 AM||2585 km||1606 miles||1396 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:34 AM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:34 AM||2733 km||1698 miles||1476 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 3:34 AM||2792 km||1735 miles||1507 nm||W|
|Suva||Tue 2:34 AM||3492 km||2170 miles||1886 nm||W|
|Chatham Islands *||Tue 4:19 AM||3709 km||2305 miles||2003 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.