Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 1, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 1, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 418.13 meters/second, 1505.3 kilometres/hour, 935.3 miles/hour or 812.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 00.3"||0.01 mi||North||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 23.1"||935.04 mi||West||0° 00' 24.8"||0.48 mi||North||935.06 mi|
|24 hours||14° 07' 52.8"||917.19 mi||East||0° 47' 01.6"||53.92 mi||North||921.05 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 4:34 AM||336 km||209 miles||181 nm||NNW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Mon 4:34 AM||564 km||350 miles||305 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 4:34 AM||1219 km||757 miles||658 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 6:34 AM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Mon 3:34 AM||2288 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 4:34 AM||2613 km||1623 miles||1411 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 4:34 AM||2644 km||1643 miles||1428 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:34 AM||2756 km||1712 miles||1488 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 3:34 AM||2820 km||1752 miles||1522 nm||W|
|Suva||Tue 2:34 AM||3520 km||2187 miles||1901 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.