Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.88 meters/second, 1508.0 km/hour, 937.0 miles/hour or 814.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.62 mi||West||0° 00' 02.0"||0.04 mi||North||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 39.4"||936.72 mi||West||0° 02' 02.1"||2.34 mi||North||936.83 mi|
|24 hours||13° 57' 34.2"||907.39 mi||East||1° 24' 19.2"||96.66 mi||North||916.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Beira||Tue 4:34 AM||434 km||270 miles||234 nm||W|
|Nampula||Tue 4:34 AM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||N|
|Toliara||Tue 5:34 AM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||SE|
|Blantyre||Tue 4:34 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||NW|
|Mutare||Tue 4:34 AM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||W|
|Antsirabe||Tue 5:34 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||E|
|Masvingo||Tue 4:34 AM||852 km||530 miles||460 nm||W|
|Lilongwe||Tue 4:34 AM||867 km||539 miles||468 nm||NW|
|Harare||Tue 4:34 AM||870 km||540 miles||470 nm||WNW|
|Antananarivo||Tue 5:34 AM||905 km||563 miles||489 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.