Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 4:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 04:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.10 meters/second, 1508.7 km/hour, 937.5 miles/hour or 814.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.62 mi||West||0° 00' 02.1"||0.04 mi||North||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 43.3"||937.22 mi||West||0° 02' 18.4"||2.64 mi||North||937.33 mi|
|24 hours||13° 55' 28.6"||905.54 mi||East||1° 30' 25.8"||103.67 mi||North||915.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Swakopmund *||Tue 6:36 AM||588 km||365 miles||317 nm||ESE|
|Walvis Bay *||Tue 6:36 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||SE|
|Lubango||Tue 5:36 AM||688 km||427 miles||371 nm||NE|
|Windhoek *||Tue 6:36 AM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||ESE|
|Luanda||Tue 5:36 AM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Tue 4:36 AM||1690 km||1050 miles||912 nm||WNW|
|Gaborone||Tue 6:36 AM||1751 km||1088 miles||945 nm||ESE|
|Cape Town||Tue 6:36 AM||1774 km||1103 miles||958 nm||SSE|
|Kinshasa||Tue 5:36 AM||1832 km||1139 miles||989 nm||NNE|
|Brazzaville||Tue 5:36 AM||1837 km||1142 miles||992 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.