Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 4:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 04:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.11 meters/second, 1508.8 km/hour, 937.5 miles/hour or 814.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 43.6"||937.26 mi||West||0° 02' 19.7"||2.67 mi||North||937.38 mi|
|24 hours||13° 55' 18.0"||905.38 mi||East||1° 30' 55.7"||104.24 mi||North||915.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Swakopmund *||Tue 6:46 AM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||ESE|
|Walvis Bay *||Tue 6:46 AM||821 km||510 miles||443 nm||ESE|
|Lubango||Tue 5:46 AM||862 km||536 miles||466 nm||NE|
|Windhoek *||Tue 6:46 AM||1059 km||658 miles||572 nm||ESE|
|Luanda||Tue 5:46 AM||1385 km||861 miles||748 nm||NNE|
|Jamestown||Tue 4:46 AM||1446 km||898 miles||781 nm||WNW|
|Cape Town||Tue 6:46 AM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||SSE|
|Kinshasa||Tue 5:46 AM||1934 km||1202 miles||1044 nm||NNE|
|Brazzaville||Tue 5:46 AM||1939 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||NNE|
|Gaborone||Tue 6:46 AM||1988 km||1235 miles||1074 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.