Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 10:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 59%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 10:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.89 meters/second, 1511.6 km/hour, 939.3 miles/hour or 816.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.8"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 03.0"||0.06 mi||North||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 56.2"||939.00 mi||West||0° 03' 05.2"||3.54 mi||North||939.16 mi|
|24 hours||13° 48' 47.6"||899.78 mi||East||1° 48' 02.2"||123.85 mi||North||913.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arequipa||Tue 5:36 AM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Tue 5:36 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||N|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Tue 5:36 AM||854 km||531 miles||461 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Tue 6:36 AM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Tue 6:36 AM||1214 km||755 miles||656 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Tue 6:36 AM||1443 km||897 miles||779 nm||NE|
|Santiago *||Tue 7:36 AM||1643 km||1021 miles||887 nm||SSE|
|Córdoba||Tue 7:36 AM||1814 km||1127 miles||979 nm||SE|
|Guayaquil||Tue 5:36 AM||1961 km||1218 miles||1059 nm||N|
|Asuncion||Tue 6:36 AM||2065 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.