Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 4:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 16:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.86 meters/second, 1515.1 kilometres/hour, 941.4 miles/hour or 818.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 10.8"||941.18 mi||West||0° 03' 49.6"||4.39 mi||North||941.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 41' 38.9"||893.85 mi||East||2° 04' 29.7"||142.71 mi||North||910.57 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Tue 6:26 AM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Tue 5:26 AM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Tue 6:26 AM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Tue 6:26 AM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||E|
|Apia *||Wed 6:26 AM||1310 km||814 miles||707 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 5:26 AM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:26 AM||1565 km||972 miles||845 nm||NW|
|Suva||Wed 4:26 AM||2183 km||1356 miles||1178 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Wed 6:26 AM||2379 km||1478 miles||1284 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Wed 4:26 AM||2457 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.