Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.89 meters/second, 1515.2 km/hour, 941.5 miles/hour or 818.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 11.2"||941.25 mi||West||0° 03' 50.7"||4.41 mi||North||941.44 mi|
|24 hours||13° 41' 26.3"||893.68 mi||East||2° 04' 57.3"||143.23 mi||North||910.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Tue 6:36 AM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Tue 5:36 AM||696 km||432 miles||376 nm||W|
|Pago Pago||Tue 5:36 AM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 6:36 AM||1089 km||676 miles||588 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 5:36 AM||1258 km||782 miles||679 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:36 AM||1393 km||865 miles||752 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 6:36 AM||1465 km||911 miles||791 nm||E|
|Suva||Wed 4:36 AM||1930 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 4:36 AM||2234 km||1388 miles||1206 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 6:36 AM||2434 km||1513 miles||1314 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.