Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.92 meters/second, 1515.3 km/hour, 941.6 miles/hour or 818.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 11.8"||941.32 mi||West||0° 03' 52.0"||4.43 mi||North||941.51 mi|
|24 hours||13° 41' 13.5"||893.51 mi||East||2° 05' 24.9"||143.76 mi||North||910.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alofi||Tue 5:46 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 6:46 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||ESE|
|Pago Pago||Tue 5:46 AM||772 km||479 miles||417 nm||NW|
|Neiafu||Wed 5:46 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 6:46 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||NW|
|Pangai||Wed 5:46 AM||908 km||564 miles||490 nm||W|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Wed 6:46 AM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 5:46 AM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:46 AM||1251 km||777 miles||675 nm||NNW|
|Suva||Wed 4:46 AM||1678 km||1042 miles||906 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.