Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 10:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 22:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.12 meters/second, 1519.6 km/hour, 944.3 miles/hour or 820.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 28.9"||944.01 mi||West||0° 04' 36.0"||5.27 mi||North||944.24 mi|
|24 hours||13° 33' 18.4"||887.13 mi||East||2° 21' 33.2"||162.25 mi||North||907.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Wed 5:46 AM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||NNW|
|Surakarta||Wed 5:46 AM||1298 km||806 miles||701 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Wed 5:46 AM||1319 km||820 miles||712 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Wed 5:46 AM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||N|
|Semarang||Wed 5:46 AM||1350 km||839 miles||729 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Wed 6:46 AM||1391 km||865 miles||751 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Wed 5:46 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Wed 5:46 AM||1416 km||880 miles||764 nm||N|
|Perth||Wed 6:46 AM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||SSE|
|Bengkulu||Wed 5:46 AM||1776 km||1103 miles||959 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.