Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 3:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.21 meters/second, 1523.6 km/hour, 946.7 miles/hour or 822.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 43.8"||946.45 mi||West||0° 05' 10.2"||5.93 mi||North||946.71 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 36.5"||881.85 mi||East||2° 33' 57.6"||176.46 mi||North||905.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Beira||Wed 5:36 AM||366 km||228 miles||198 nm||WSW|
|Nampula||Wed 5:36 AM||399 km||248 miles||215 nm||NNE|
|Blantyre||Wed 5:36 AM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||NW|
|Mutare||Wed 5:36 AM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||W|
|Pemba||Wed 5:36 AM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||NNE|
|Lilongwe||Wed 5:36 AM||677 km||421 miles||366 nm||NW|
|Harare||Wed 5:36 AM||743 km||461 miles||401 nm||W|
|Masvingo||Wed 5:36 AM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||WSW|
|Chipata||Wed 5:36 AM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||NW|
|Gweru||Wed 5:36 AM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.