Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 3:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 03:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.25 meters/second, 1523.7 kilometres/hour, 946.8 miles/hour or 822.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 44.4"||946.54 mi||West||0° 05' 11.3"||5.95 mi||North||946.80 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 22.4"||881.66 mi||East||2° 34' 22.7"||176.94 mi||North||905.41 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Beira||Wed 5:46 AM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||SSW|
|Blantyre||Wed 5:46 AM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||NNW|
|Mutare||Wed 5:46 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||W|
|Zomba||Wed 5:46 AM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||N|
|Chitungwiza||Wed 5:46 AM||487 km||303 miles||263 nm||W|
|Harare||Wed 5:46 AM||490 km||304 miles||265 nm||W|
|Masvingo||Wed 5:46 AM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||WSW|
|Lilongwe||Wed 5:46 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||NNW|
|Nampula||Wed 5:46 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||NE|
|Gweru||Wed 5:46 AM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.