Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Wednesday, March 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 04:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.37 meters/second, 1524.1 kilometres/hour, 947.0 miles/hour or 823.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 45.9"||946.80 mi||West||0° 05' 14.8"||6.01 mi||North||947.06 mi|
|24 hours||13° 25' 39.9"||881.11 mi||East||2° 35' 37.6"||178.37 mi||North||905.18 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gweru||Wed 6:16 AM||184 km||115 miles||100 nm||SE|
|Bulawayo||Wed 6:16 AM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||S|
|Chinhoyi||Wed 6:16 AM||225 km||140 miles||121 nm||ENE|
|Chitungwiza||Wed 6:16 AM||284 km||176 miles||153 nm||E|
|Harare||Wed 6:16 AM||288 km||179 miles||155 nm||ENE|
|Masvingo||Wed 6:16 AM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||SE|
|Francistown||Wed 6:16 AM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||SSW|
|Lusaka||Wed 6:16 AM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||N|
|Kabwe||Wed 6:16 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||N|
|Mutare||Wed 6:16 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.