Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 10:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 10:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.91 meters/second, 1529.7 km/hour, 950.5 miles/hour or 826.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 06.6"||950.27 mi||West||0° 05' 56.4"||6.81 mi||North||950.56 mi|
|24 hours||13° 16' 47.2"||874.25 mi||East||2° 50' 32.7"||195.46 mi||North||902.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Wed 6:26 AM||172 km||107 miles||93 nm||NNW|
|Santa Cruz||Wed 6:26 AM||276 km||171 miles||149 nm||W|
|Sucre||Wed 6:26 AM||510 km||317 miles||275 nm||WSW|
|Cochabamba||Wed 6:26 AM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||W|
|Pedro Juan Caballero||Wed 6:26 AM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||SE|
|La Paz||Wed 6:26 AM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||W|
|Asuncion||Wed 6:26 AM||873 km||543 miles||472 nm||SSE|
|Salta||Wed 7:26 AM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||SSW|
|Rio Branco||Wed 6:26 AM||1174 km||729 miles||634 nm||NW|
|Brasilia||Wed 7:26 AM||1373 km||853 miles||741 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.