Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 10:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 10:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.96 meters/second, 1529.8 km/hour, 950.6 miles/hour or 826.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 07.1"||950.37 mi||West||0° 05' 57.4"||6.83 mi||North||950.66 mi|
|24 hours||13° 16' 32.7"||874.06 mi||East||2° 50' 56.1"||195.90 mi||North||902.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa Cruz||Wed 6:36 AM||23 km||14 miles||12 nm||WNW|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Wed 6:36 AM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||NE|
|Sucre||Wed 6:36 AM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||WSW|
|La Paz||Wed 6:36 AM||567 km||353 miles||306 nm||WNW|
|Salta||Wed 7:36 AM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||SSW|
|Riberalta||Wed 6:36 AM||828 km||515 miles||447 nm||NNW|
|Cobija||Wed 6:36 AM||981 km||609 miles||529 nm||NW|
|Asuncion||Wed 6:36 AM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||SSE|
|Rio Branco||Wed 6:36 AM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||NNW|
|Tucumán||Wed 7:36 AM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.