Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.31 meters/second, 1534.7 km/hour, 953.6 miles/hour or 828.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 06.3"||0.12 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 24.6"||953.40 mi||West||0° 06' 29.4"||7.44 mi||North||953.71 mi|
|24 hours||13° 09' 11.0"||868.46 mi||East||3° 02' 18.7"||208.93 mi||North||899.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 6:36 AM||640 km||397 miles||345 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Wed 7:36 AM||1003 km||623 miles||541 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Wed 5:36 AM||1528 km||949 miles||825 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Wed 5:36 AM||2618 km||1627 miles||1414 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Wed 10:36 AM||2866 km||1781 miles||1548 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 5:36 AM||3230 km||2007 miles||1744 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 4:36 AM||3674 km||2283 miles||1984 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 5:36 AM||3938 km||2447 miles||2126 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 4:36 AM||3994 km||2482 miles||2157 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Thu 4:36 AM||4218 km||2621 miles||2277 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.