Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.59 meters/second, 1535.7 km/hour, 954.2 miles/hour or 829.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.13 mi||North||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 28.3"||954.03 mi||West||0° 06' 35.6"||7.56 mi||North||954.34 mi|
|24 hours||13° 07' 42.1"||867.33 mi||East||3° 04' 30.5"||211.44 mi||North||899.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 6:36 AM||32 km||20 miles||17 nm||S|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Wed 6:36 AM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 6:36 AM||1155 km||718 miles||624 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Wed 5:36 AM||2156 km||1340 miles||1164 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Wed 8:36 AM||2201 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Thu 6:36 AM||2278 km||1415 miles||1230 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Thu 6:36 AM||2405 km||1494 miles||1299 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 5:36 AM||2494 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 5:36 AM||2721 km||1691 miles||1469 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Thu 4:36 AM||3387 km||2105 miles||1829 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.