Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 16:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 44%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.64 meters/second, 1535.9 km/hour, 954.4 miles/hour or 829.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||15.91 mi||west||0° 00' 06.5"||0.13 mi||north||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 29.0"||954.21 mi||west||0° 06' 36.7"||7.58 mi||north||954.52 mi|
|24 hours||13° 07' 25.7"||867.19 mi||east||3° 04' 54.8"||211.92 mi||north||899.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Wed 6:46 AM||99 km||61 miles||53 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Wed 6:46 AM||292 km||181 miles||157 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Wed 6:46 AM||903 km||561 miles||487 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Wed 5:46 AM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 6:46 AM||2122 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 6:46 AM||2184 km||1357 miles||1179 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 5:46 AM||2227 km||1384 miles||1202 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 5:46 AM||2445 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 8:46 AM||2459 km||1528 miles||1328 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Thu 4:46 AM||3105 km||1929 miles||1677 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.