Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 4:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 04:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 430.06 meters/second, 1548.2 kilometres/hour, 962.0 miles/hour or 836.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.03 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.03 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 11.9"||961.81 mi||West||0° 07' 44.6"||8.87 mi||North||962.16 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 07.1"||854.18 mi||East||3° 28' 31.5"||238.93 mi||North||893.50 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nampula||Thu 6:26 AM||83 km||51 miles||45 nm||NNW|
|Pemba||Thu 6:26 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||NNE|
|Zomba||Thu 6:26 AM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||W|
|Blantyre||Thu 6:26 AM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||W|
|Fomboni||Thu 7:26 AM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||NE|
|Moroni||Thu 7:26 AM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||NE|
|Lilongwe||Thu 6:26 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||WNW|
|Beira||Thu 6:26 AM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||SW|
|Mutsamudu||Thu 7:26 AM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||NE|
|Mamoutzou||Thu 7:26 AM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.