Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 11:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.14 meters/second, 1555.7 km/hour, 966.7 miles/hour or 840.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.11 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.11 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 37.2"||966.48 mi||West||0° 08' 20.2"||9.55 mi||North||966.83 mi|
|24 hours||12° 40' 10.4"||846.82 mi||East||3° 40' 37.9"||252.78 mi||North||890.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Thu 7:14 AM||275 km||171 miles||148 nm||SW|
|Santa Cruz||Thu 7:14 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||SW|
|Sucre||Thu 7:14 AM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||SW|
|Cochabamba||Thu 7:14 AM||825 km||513 miles||445 nm||WSW|
|Riberalta||Thu 7:14 AM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||WNW|
|Pedro Juan Caballero||Thu 7:14 AM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||SSE|
|La Paz||Thu 7:14 AM||1007 km||626 miles||544 nm||W|
|Rio Branco||Thu 7:14 AM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||WNW|
|Asuncion||Thu 7:14 AM||1152 km||716 miles||622 nm||S|
|Brasilia||Thu 8:14 AM||1184 km||735 miles||639 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.