Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.79 meters/second, 1561.6 km/hour, 970.4 miles/hour or 843.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 57.3"||970.19 mi||West||0° 08' 46.0"||10.05 mi||North||970.55 mi|
|24 hours||12° 32' 30.5"||841.18 mi||East||3° 49' 18.2"||262.70 mi||North||887.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 7:06 AM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||NNW|
|Gambier Islands||Thu 7:36 AM||1005 km||624 miles||542 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Thu 8:36 AM||1379 km||857 miles||744 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Thu 6:36 AM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 6:36 AM||2587 km||1608 miles||1397 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:36 AM||2904 km||1805 miles||1568 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Thu 11:36 AM||3160 km||1963 miles||1706 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Thu 5:36 AM||3602 km||2238 miles||1945 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 6:36 AM||3808 km||2366 miles||2056 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:36 AM||3817 km||2372 miles||2061 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.