Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 5:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 17:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.98 meters/second, 1562.3 km/hour, 970.8 miles/hour or 843.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 59.6"||970.62 mi||West||0° 08' 48.9"||10.10 mi||North||970.99 mi|
|24 hours||12° 31' 37.1"||840.52 mi||East||3° 50' 16.6"||263.81 mi||North||887.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Thu 7:14 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||SW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 7:14 AM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||WSW|
|Taiohae||Thu 7:44 AM||875 km||544 miles||473 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 7:14 AM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 9:14 AM||2031 km||1262 miles||1097 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 7:14 AM||2185 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Thu 6:14 AM||2645 km||1644 miles||1428 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 7:14 AM||2821 km||1753 miles||1523 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:14 AM||2832 km||1760 miles||1529 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 6:14 AM||3226 km||2005 miles||1742 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.