Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 11:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 23:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.82 meters/second, 1568.9 km/hour, 974.9 miles/hour or 847.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.2"||16.25 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||North||16.25 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 21.7"||974.74 mi||West||0° 09' 15.3"||10.60 mi||North||975.10 mi|
|24 hours||12° 23' 21.4"||834.45 mi||East||3° 58' 56.6"||273.73 mi||North||883.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Fri 8:44 AM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||ENE|
|Suai||Fri 8:14 AM||495 km||308 miles||267 nm||NNW|
|Same||Fri 8:14 AM||506 km||314 miles||273 nm||NNW|
|Baucau||Fri 8:14 AM||535 km||333 miles||289 nm||NNW|
|Kupang||Fri 7:14 AM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||NW|
|Dili||Fri 8:14 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||NNW|
|Ende||Fri 7:14 AM||803 km||499 miles||433 nm||NW|
|Tennant Creek||Fri 8:44 AM||1008 km||626 miles||544 nm||SE|
|Kendari||Fri 7:14 AM||1158 km||719 miles||625 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Fri 7:14 AM||1260 km||783 miles||680 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.