Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, April 5, 2013 at 6:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 23%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 5, 2013 at 18:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.26 meters/second, 1588.5 km/hour, 987.1 miles/hour or 857.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 27.0"||986.95 mi||West||0° 10' 22.7"||11.89 mi||North||987.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 59' 42.4"||816.99 mi||East||4° 20' 04.9"||297.88 mi||North||874.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Fri 8:18 AM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||S|
|Taiohae||Fri 8:48 AM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||E|
|Kiritimati||Sat 8:18 AM||1638 km||1018 miles||884 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 8:18 AM||1721 km||1070 miles||929 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 7:18 AM||2483 km||1543 miles||1341 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 7:18 AM||2502 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 8:18 AM||2559 km||1590 miles||1382 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 10:18 AM||2564 km||1593 miles||1384 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 7:18 AM||3100 km||1926 miles||1674 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 6:18 AM||3291 km||2045 miles||1777 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.