Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 6:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 18:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.46 meters/second, 1607.3 km/hour, 998.7 miles/hour or 867.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.8"||998.62 mi||West||0° 11' 13.4"||12.85 mi||North||998.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 06.1"||799.65 mi||East||4° 33' 16.5"||312.95 mi||North||860.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 8:48 AM||484 km||301 miles||262 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sat 8:18 AM||1924 km||1195 miles||1039 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 10:18 AM||2249 km||1398 miles||1214 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sun 8:18 AM||2455 km||1525 miles||1326 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 8:18 AM||3033 km||1885 miles||1638 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 1:18 PM||3731 km||2318 miles||2015 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Sat 8:18 AM||3787 km||2353 miles||2045 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 7:18 AM||3840 km||2386 miles||2073 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sat 7:18 AM||3902 km||2425 miles||2107 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Sun 7:18 AM||3958 km||2459 miles||2137 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.