Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 9:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.93 meters/second, 1608.9 kilometres/hour, 999.7 miles/hour or 868.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.5"||999.66 mi||West||0° 11' 17.1"||12.92 mi||North||999.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 56.7"||797.90 mi||East||4° 33' 54.1"||313.66 mi||North||859.23 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Sun 9:14 AM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 9:14 AM||664 km||413 miles||359 nm||NNE|
|Howland Island||Sat 9:14 AM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||NNE|
|Tabiteuea||Sun 9:14 AM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||WNW|
|Atafu||Sun 10:14 AM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||ESE|
|Kanton Island||Sun 10:14 AM||870 km||541 miles||470 nm||ENE|
|Rawaki||Sun 10:14 AM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||E|
|Mata-Utu||Sun 9:14 AM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Sun 10:14 AM||992 km||616 miles||536 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Sun 9:14 AM||1138 km||707 miles||614 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.