Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 4:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 04:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.86 meters/second, 1612.3 km/hour, 1001.8 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.1"||1001.77 mi||West||0° 11' 23.6"||13.05 mi||North||1001.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 20.2"||794.06 mi||East||4° 34' 34.1"||314.42 mi||North||855.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Addu City||Sun 9:14 AM||767 km||476 miles||414 nm||WNW|
|Diego Garcia||Sun 10:14 AM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||WSW|
|Male||Sun 9:14 AM||1094 km||680 miles||591 nm||NW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Sun 9:44 AM||1190 km||739 miles||643 nm||N|
|Colombo||Sun 9:44 AM||1195 km||742 miles||645 nm||N|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Sun 9:44 AM||1390 km||864 miles||751 nm||N|
|Madurai||Sun 9:44 AM||1529 km||950 miles||826 nm||N|
|Bengaluru||Sun 9:44 AM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||N|
|Chennai||Sun 9:44 AM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||N|
|Pune||Sun 9:44 AM||2544 km||1581 miles||1374 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.