Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 9:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 21:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.08 meters/second, 1616.7 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 872.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.6"||1004.50 mi||West||0° 11' 27.1"||13.11 mi||North||1004.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 22' 19.6"||786.57 mi||East||4° 31' 30.2"||310.91 mi||North||845.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Mon 10:04 AM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||WSW|
|Kanton Island||Mon 10:04 AM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:04 AM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||ENE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:04 AM||1175 km||730 miles||634 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sun 9:04 AM||1265 km||786 miles||683 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 10:04 AM||1631 km||1014 miles||881 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Mon 9:04 AM||1942 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sun 10:04 AM||2102 km||1306 miles||1135 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:04 AM||2351 km||1461 miles||1269 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Mon 9:04 AM||2443 km||1518 miles||1319 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.