Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 22:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 22:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.11 meters/second, 1616.8 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.0"||1004.56 mi||west||0° 11' 26.8"||13.11 mi||north||1004.66 mi|
|24 hours||348° 38' 04.3"||786.13 mi||west||4° 31' 03.3"||310.40 mi||north||844.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Mon 10:14 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 10:14 AM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Mon 10:14 AM||907 km||563 miles||490 nm||S|
|Majuro||Mon 10:14 AM||1121 km||697 miles||605 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Mon 10:14 AM||1224 km||761 miles||661 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:14 AM||1557 km||968 miles||841 nm||SE|
|Apia||Mon 11:14 AM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||SE|
|Suva||Mon 10:14 AM||1960 km||1218 miles||1058 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Mon 9:14 AM||2184 km||1357 miles||1179 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Mon 9:14 AM||2225 km||1383 miles||1201 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.