Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 22:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 22:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.11 meters/second, 1616.8 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 24.0"||1004.56 mi||west||0° 11' 26.8"||13.11 mi||north||1004.66 mi|
|24 hours||348° 38' 04.7"||786.13 mi||west||4° 31' 02.9"||310.39 mi||north||844.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Mon 10:14 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sun 10:14 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Mon 10:14 AM||912 km||567 miles||493 nm||S|
|Majuro||Mon 10:14 AM||1101 km||684 miles||594 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Mon 10:14 AM||1194 km||742 miles||645 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:14 AM||1581 km||982 miles||853 nm||SE|
|Apia||Mon 11:14 AM||1887 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||SE|
|Suva||Mon 10:14 AM||1962 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Mon 9:14 AM||2170 km||1349 miles||1172 nm||SSW|
|Honiara||Mon 9:14 AM||2199 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.