Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.16 meters/second, 1617.0 km/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.9"||1004.66 mi||west||0° 11' 24.3"||13.06 mi||north||1004.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 25.5"||784.39 mi||east||4° 28' 47.0"||307.80 mi||north||841.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tanjung Pinang||Mon 10:14 AM||78 km||48 miles||42 nm||NW|
|Singapore||Mon 11:14 AM||154 km||96 miles||83 nm||WNW|
|Johor Bahru||Mon 11:14 AM||173 km||108 miles||94 nm||NW|
|Jambi||Mon 10:14 AM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||SSW|
|Pangkal Pinang||Mon 10:14 AM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||SSE|
|Malacca City||Mon 11:14 AM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||WNW|
|Palembang||Mon 10:14 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||S|
|Pekanbaru||Mon 10:14 AM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||W|
|Kuantan||Mon 11:14 AM||408 km||254 miles||220 nm||NNW|
|Seremban||Mon 11:14 AM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.