Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 20:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 20:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.36 meters/second, 1614.1 km/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.8"||1002.93 mi||west||0° 11' 05.7"||12.71 mi||north||1002.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 50.5"||779.88 mi||east||4° 17' 16.1"||294.66 mi||north||831.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 10:04 AM||1992 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 10:04 AM||2595 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 10:04 AM||2781 km||1728 miles||1502 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Mon 12:04 PM||3341 km||2076 miles||1804 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 10:04 AM||3534 km||2196 miles||1908 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 9:04 AM||3804 km||2364 miles||2054 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 1:04 PM||4018 km||2497 miles||2169 nm||NNE|
|Apia||Tue 9:04 AM||4056 km||2520 miles||2190 nm||WSW|
|Hermosillo||Mon 1:04 PM||4120 km||2560 miles||2225 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Mon 8:04 AM||4130 km||2566 miles||2230 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.