Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 20:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 20:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.28 meters/second, 1613.8 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.0"||1002.69 mi||west||0° 11' 04.4"||12.68 mi||north||1002.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 48.2"||779.65 mi||east||4° 16' 33.8"||293.83 mi||north||830.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 10:54 AM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 10:54 AM||2056 km||1278 miles||1110 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Mon 10:54 AM||2373 km||1475 miles||1281 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 9:54 AM||2646 km||1644 miles||1429 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 8:54 AM||2824 km||1755 miles||1525 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Mon 10:54 AM||2923 km||1816 miles||1578 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Tue 9:54 AM||2985 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Mon 9:54 AM||3249 km||2019 miles||1754 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 8:54 AM||3542 km||2201 miles||1912 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 9:54 AM||3796 km||2359 miles||2050 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.