Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 8, 2013 at 8:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 20:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.28 meters/second, 1613.8 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.0"||1002.69 mi||West||0° 11' 04.4"||12.68 mi||North||1002.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 48.2"||779.65 mi||East||4° 16' 33.8"||293.83 mi||North||830.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 10:54 AM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 10:54 AM||2056 km||1278 miles||1110 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Mon 10:54 AM||2373 km||1475 miles||1281 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 9:54 AM||2643 km||1642 miles||1427 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 8:54 AM||2824 km||1755 miles||1525 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Mon 10:54 AM||2923 km||1816 miles||1578 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Tue 9:54 AM||2985 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Mon 9:54 AM||3249 km||2019 miles||1754 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 8:54 AM||3544 km||2202 miles||1914 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 9:54 AM||3796 km||2359 miles||2050 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.