Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 8, 2013 at 9:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 21:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.27 meters/second, 1613.8 km/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.1"||1002.66 mi||West||0° 11' 04.1"||12.68 mi||North||1002.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 47.9"||779.61 mi||East||4° 16' 25.0"||293.67 mi||North||830.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:04 AM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:04 AM||1979 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Mon 11:04 AM||2413 km||1499 miles||1303 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:04 AM||2426 km||1507 miles||1310 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:04 AM||2558 km||1590 miles||1381 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 10:04 AM||2791 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:04 AM||2854 km||1773 miles||1541 nm||SSW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:04 AM||3093 km||1922 miles||1670 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:04 AM||3299 km||2050 miles||1781 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:04 AM||3623 km||2251 miles||1956 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.