Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 21:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 21:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.27 meters/second, 1613.8 km/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.1"||1002.66 mi||west||0° 11' 04.1"||12.68 mi||north||1002.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 47.9"||779.61 mi||east||4° 16' 25.0"||293.67 mi||north||830.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:04 AM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:04 AM||1979 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Mon 11:04 AM||2413 km||1499 miles||1303 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:04 AM||2429 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:04 AM||2558 km||1590 miles||1381 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 10:04 AM||2791 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:04 AM||2854 km||1773 miles||1541 nm||SSW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:04 AM||3092 km||1921 miles||1670 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:04 AM||3297 km||2049 miles||1780 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:04 AM||3623 km||2251 miles||1956 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.