Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.25 meters/second, 1613.7 km/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.2"||1002.62 mi||west||0° 11' 03.9"||12.67 mi||north||1002.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 47.4"||779.58 mi||east||4° 16' 16.2"||293.50 mi||north||830.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:14 AM||259 km||161 miles||140 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:14 AM||1934 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||N|
|Fakaofo||Tue 10:14 AM||2223 km||1381 miles||1200 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 9:14 AM||2293 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||W|
|Papeete||Mon 11:14 AM||2481 km||1542 miles||1340 nm||SSE|
|Apia||Tue 10:14 AM||2610 km||1622 miles||1409 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:14 AM||2809 km||1745 miles||1517 nm||S|
|Alofi||Mon 10:14 AM||2951 km||1834 miles||1594 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 9:14 AM||3056 km||1899 miles||1650 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:14 AM||3436 km||2135 miles||1856 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.