Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 8, 2013 at 10:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 22:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.17 meters/second, 1613.4 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.6"||1002.44 mi||West||0° 11' 02.5"||12.64 mi||North||1002.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 45.9"||779.40 mi||East||4° 15' 31.8"||292.65 mi||North||829.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Tue 11:04 AM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 10:04 AM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:04 PM||1243 km||772 miles||671 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:04 AM||1519 km||944 miles||820 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:04 AM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||SW|
|Apia||Tue 11:04 AM||2016 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 10:04 AM||2100 km||1305 miles||1134 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 12:04 PM||2217 km||1378 miles||1197 nm||NNE|
|Majuro||Tue 10:04 AM||2275 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||W|
|Alofi||Mon 11:04 AM||2563 km||1593 miles||1384 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.