Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 8, 2013 at 10:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 22:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.16 meters/second, 1613.4 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.6"||1002.40 mi||West||0° 11' 02.2"||12.64 mi||North||1002.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 45.5"||779.36 mi||East||4° 15' 23.0"||292.48 mi||North||829.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Mon 10:14 AM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||WSW|
|Kanton Island||Tue 11:14 AM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 10:14 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||SW|
|Rawaki||Tue 11:14 AM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:14 AM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:14 PM||1509 km||937 miles||815 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:14 AM||1788 km||1111 miles||966 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Tue 10:14 AM||1834 km||1140 miles||990 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 11:14 AM||1986 km||1234 miles||1072 nm||S|
|Majuro||Tue 10:14 AM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.