Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 8, 2013 at 10:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 22:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.14 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.7"||1002.37 mi||West||0° 11' 02.0"||12.63 mi||North||1002.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 45.3"||779.33 mi||East||4° 15' 13.9"||292.31 mi||North||829.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Mon 10:24 AM||571 km||355 miles||309 nm||SW|
|Rawaki||Tue 11:24 AM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:24 AM||1507 km||937 miles||814 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 10:24 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:24 AM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 10:24 AM||1745 km||1084 miles||942 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:24 PM||1775 km||1103 miles||959 nm||E|
|Apia||Tue 11:24 AM||1992 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||S|
|Yaren||Tue 10:24 AM||2277 km||1415 miles||1229 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 12:24 PM||2519 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.