Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 8, 2013 at 10:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 22:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.10 meters/second, 1613.2 km/hour, 1002.4 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.8"||1002.28 mi||West||0° 11' 01.3"||12.62 mi||North||1002.24 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 44.8"||779.25 mi||East||4° 14' 52.2"||291.90 mi||North||829.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Mon 10:48 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Mon 10:48 AM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||SSE|
|Tabiteuea||Tue 10:48 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Tue 10:48 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 10:48 AM||1117 km||694 miles||603 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:48 AM||1421 km||883 miles||768 nm||S|
|Yaren||Tue 10:48 AM||1656 km||1029 miles||894 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:48 AM||1729 km||1074 miles||934 nm||SSE|
|Apia||Tue 11:48 AM||2146 km||1334 miles||1159 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Tue 10:48 AM||2287 km||1421 miles||1235 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.