Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 22:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 22:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.10 meters/second, 1613.1 km/hour, 1002.4 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.8"||1002.27 mi||west||0° 11' 01.2"||12.62 mi||north||1002.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 44.8"||779.24 mi||east||4° 14' 51.1"||291.88 mi||north||829.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Mon 10:48 AM||538 km||335 miles||291 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Tue 10:48 AM||918 km||570 miles||495 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 10:48 AM||1109 km||689 miles||599 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:48 AM||1417 km||881 miles||765 nm||S|
|Yaren||Tue 10:48 AM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 11:48 AM||1743 km||1083 miles||941 nm||SSE|
|Apia||Tue 11:48 AM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Tue 10:48 AM||2267 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:48 PM||2447 km||1521 miles||1321 nm||E|
|Suva||Tue 10:48 AM||2484 km||1544 miles||1341 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.