Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 8, 2013 at 11:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 23:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.01 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.2"||1002.08 mi||West||0° 10' 59.8"||12.59 mi||North||1002.04 mi|
|24 hours||348° 42' 15.8"||779.08 mi||West||4° 14' 06.3"||291.02 mi||North||828.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 11:38 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||NE|
|Kwajalein||Tue 11:38 AM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Tue 11:38 AM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 11:38 AM||586 km||364 miles||317 nm||SSW|
|Tabiteuea||Tue 11:38 AM||891 km||554 miles||481 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Tue 10:38 AM||1227 km||762 miles||662 nm||WNW|
|Wake Island||Tue 11:38 AM||1670 km||1038 miles||902 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Mon 11:38 AM||1686 km||1048 miles||910 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Tue 10:38 AM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:38 AM||1823 km||1133 miles||984 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.