Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.99 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.3"||1002.11 mi||west||0° 10' 59.5"||12.59 mi||north||1002.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 44.0"||779.10 mi||east||4° 13' 55.9"||290.84 mi||north||828.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Tue 11:48 AM||549 km||341 miles||297 nm||S|
|Majuro||Tue 11:48 AM||628 km||390 miles||339 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Tue 11:48 AM||820 km||509 miles||443 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Tue 10:48 AM||938 km||583 miles||506 nm||WNW|
|Wake Island||Tue 11:48 AM||1649 km||1024 miles||890 nm||N|
|Honiara||Tue 10:48 AM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 11:48 AM||1976 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:48 AM||2027 km||1260 miles||1095 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Tue 10:48 AM||2457 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 9:48 AM||2566 km||1594 miles||1386 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.