Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, April 8, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.99 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.3"||1002.04 mi||west||0° 10' 59.5"||12.59 mi||north||1002.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 44.0"||779.05 mi||east||4° 13' 56.9"||290.84 mi||north||828.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Tue 11:48 AM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||S|
|Majuro||Tue 11:48 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Tue 11:48 AM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Tue 10:48 AM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||WNW|
|Wake Island||Tue 11:48 AM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||N|
|Honiara||Tue 10:48 AM||1692 km||1052 miles||914 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 11:48 AM||1947 km||1210 miles||1051 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:48 AM||2006 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Tue 10:48 AM||2454 km||1525 miles||1325 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 9:48 AM||2593 km||1612 miles||1400 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.