Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, April 8, 2013 at 11:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, April 8, 2013 at 23:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.98 meters/second, 1612.7 kilometres/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.3"||1002.00 mi||West||0° 10' 59.2"||12.58 mi||North||1001.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 44.0"||779.01 mi||East||4° 13' 47.7"||290.67 mi||North||828.74 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tofol||Tue 10:58 AM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||NW|
|Kwajalein||Tue 11:58 AM||625 km||388 miles||337 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Tue 11:58 AM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||SSE|
|Kolonia||Tue 10:58 AM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||WNW|
|Palikir||Tue 10:58 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Tue 11:58 AM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Tue 11:58 AM||1044 km||649 miles||564 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Tue 10:58 AM||1598 km||993 miles||863 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Tue 11:58 AM||1668 km||1037 miles||901 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:58 AM||2204 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.