Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 12:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 00:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.95 meters/second, 1612.6 km/hour, 1002.0 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.3"||1001.94 mi||West||0° 10' 58.8"||12.57 mi||North||1001.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 44.0"||778.96 mi||East||4° 13' 32.6"||290.38 mi||North||828.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Tue 11:14 AM||355 km||220 miles||192 nm||NW|
|Kolonia||Tue 11:14 AM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Tue 12:14 PM||929 km||577 miles||501 nm||SE|
|Kwajalein||Tue 12:14 PM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||ENE|
|Weno||Tue 10:14 AM||984 km||612 miles||532 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Tue 12:14 PM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Tue 12:14 PM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Tue 11:14 AM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Tue 12:14 PM||1782 km||1107 miles||962 nm||NNE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 10:14 AM||1970 km||1224 miles||1064 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.