Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 00:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 00:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.95 meters/second, 1612.6 km/hour, 1002.0 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.3"||1001.94 mi||west||0° 10' 58.8"||12.57 mi||north||1001.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 44.0"||778.96 mi||east||4° 13' 32.6"||290.38 mi||north||828.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Tue 11:14 AM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||NW|
|Kolonia||Tue 11:14 AM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Tue 12:14 PM||927 km||576 miles||501 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Tue 12:14 PM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Tue 12:14 PM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Tue 11:14 AM||1537 km||955 miles||830 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Tue 12:14 PM||1782 km||1107 miles||962 nm||NNE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 10:14 AM||1970 km||1224 miles||1064 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 10:14 AM||2111 km||1312 miles||1140 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Tue 9:14 AM||2305 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.