Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 1:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 01:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.86 meters/second, 1612.3 km/hour, 1001.8 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.6"||1001.73 mi||West||0° 10' 57.2"||12.55 mi||North||1001.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 44.0"||778.80 mi||East||4° 12' 45.4"||289.48 mi||North||828.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Tue 11:04 AM||1047 km||651 miles||565 nm||NNW|
|Jayapura||Tue 10:04 AM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 12:04 PM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Tue 10:04 AM||1527 km||949 miles||824 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 11:04 AM||1559 km||969 miles||842 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Tue 10:04 AM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Tue 12:04 PM||2034 km||1264 miles||1099 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 1:04 PM||2167 km||1347 miles||1170 nm||ESE|
|Cairns||Tue 11:04 AM||2396 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||S|
|Majuro||Tue 1:04 PM||2572 km||1598 miles||1389 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.