Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 01:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 01:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.84 meters/second, 1612.2 km/hour, 1001.8 miles/hour or 870.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.8"||1001.69 mi||west||0° 10' 57.0"||12.54 mi||north||1001.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 44.0"||778.76 mi||east||4° 12' 34.7"||289.28 mi||north||827.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Tue 10:14 AM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 11:14 AM||979 km||608 miles||529 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Tue 10:14 AM||1236 km||768 miles||667 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Tue 10:14 AM||1403 km||872 miles||757 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Tue 12:14 PM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Tue 11:14 AM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||S|
|Honiara||Tue 12:14 PM||2242 km||1393 miles||1210 nm||SE|
|Manado||Tue 9:14 AM||2314 km||1438 miles||1250 nm||W|
|Cairns||Tue 11:14 AM||2386 km||1483 miles||1288 nm||S|
|Yaren||Tue 1:14 PM||2458 km||1528 miles||1327 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.