Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 1:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 01:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.82 meters/second, 1612.1 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.8"||1001.65 mi||West||0° 10' 56.7"||12.53 mi||North||1001.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 44.1"||778.73 mi||East||4° 12' 26.2"||289.12 mi||North||827.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Tue 10:24 AM||847 km||526 miles||457 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 11:24 AM||987 km||613 miles||533 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Tue 10:24 AM||1007 km||625 miles||544 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Tue 10:24 AM||1193 km||742 miles||644 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 11:24 AM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Tue 12:24 PM||1668 km||1037 miles||901 nm||E|
|Davao||Tue 9:24 AM||1973 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||W|
|Manado||Tue 9:24 AM||2079 km||1292 miles||1122 nm||W|
|Darwin||Tue 10:54 AM||2342 km||1455 miles||1264 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Tue 11:24 AM||2405 km||1494 miles||1298 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.