Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.68 meters/second, 1611.7 km/hour, 1001.4 miles/hour or 870.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.0"||1001.34 mi||west||0° 10' 54.5"||12.49 mi||north||1001.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 45.3"||778.51 mi||east||4° 11' 18.1"||287.82 mi||north||827.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|General Santos||Tue 10:34 AM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||NW|
|Davao||Tue 10:34 AM||254 km||158 miles||137 nm||NNW|
|Manado||Tue 10:34 AM||410 km||255 miles||222 nm||SSW|
|Marawi City||Tue 10:34 AM||411 km||255 miles||222 nm||NNW|
|Cagayan de Oro||Tue 10:34 AM||439 km||272 miles||237 nm||NNW|
|Ternate||Tue 11:34 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||SSE|
|Sofifi||Tue 11:34 AM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||SSE|
|Zamboanga City||Tue 10:34 AM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||WNW|
|Gorontalo||Tue 10:34 AM||603 km||374 miles||325 nm||SW|
|Cebu City||Tue 10:34 AM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.